Monday, June 28, 2010

Hair Today Gone Tomorrow!

Today was a rude awakening. As I run around trying to do house work so my husband has a lighter load when he gets home, I realize that this is a major turning point on my emotional roller coaster. I was messing with my hair and I noticed there was a handful of hair in my hand. WOW, what a scary thought, I am really starting to lose my hair. The loss of power and control of what is happening to me is gone, but I still have the power of how I handle what is happening. I am scared, and lost, but I know it is just hair and it will come back. I know my family and friends are going to be here for me and help me realize I am beautiful with or with out hair. We are having Misha cut my hair how ever she may wish, with a professional photographer taking pictures so we may remember the new bump on the roller coaster ride. Misha is excited to be able to do this and I am so happy to have her ride on the coaster with me and hold my hand the whole time.

3 comments:

  1. Misha will be an awesome hair stylist! :-)
    Love you Des!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you even if you don't have hair! you are always my mean sister!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is hard for me to truly think about you and your family without crying... i don't think that my tears are sad, mornful ones though. but rather, tears that come when you realize someone you love, has also found love. Desi, to stand on your feet, and hold your very young daughters hand as you go spirialing out of control, is a beautiful thing. Don't run, don't hide, don't give up. You are an inspiration to me, and i am sure many, many others. Through this you will be granted the ability to truly discover who you are, and what you are all about. This is actually a gift. So many people spend their time on this Earth searching for their meaning, and purpose... you, and at a young age, have begun to find it. Embrace this roller coaster, scream when it is spinning out of control, hold on, let your hands wave in the air, but never, never, get off before the ride is over...
    Amy R

    ReplyDelete